Baked Boneless Pork Chops
Baked Boneless Pork Chops – These Baked Boneless Pork Chops are quick and easy to make, yet incredibly juicy and flavorful! After seasoning, they are roasted in the oven to perfection.I just shared my oven baked chicken breast recipe and it turned out to be a hit… I thought maybe I should share my way of baking pork chops too!
While I have to admit I’m a big fan of air fried pork chops…this baked version is just as good and easy too.The spice rub makes the meat incredibly flavorful, and choosing thick-cut chops helps keep them juicy. For me, this is such an essential recipe to have in your back pocket, so here it is!
Ingredients you will need
Ingredients for Baked Pork Chops: Boneless Pork Chops, brown sugar, mustard, olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, ground paprika, salt and pepper.ingredient notes
• Pork Chops – I want to emphasize that your pork chops should be at least 1 inch thick. At least. 1 ¼ inches is even better. If you can only get thin chops at the store, consider buying a 2 pound pork tenderloin and cut it yourself into 4 chops (that’s what I mostly do, a 2 pound tenderloin gives me 4 nice thick chops).
• Brown sugar: I use light brown sugar. If you only have white sugar on hand, that’s fine, although you may want to reduce the amount to ½ tablespoon.
• Mustard: I used a light, smooth, yellow mustard. If mustard isn’t your thing, consider using mayonnaise instead, it works great too.
How to bake boneless pork chops in the oven
1. Start by lightly tapping the chops between two pieces of plastic wrap.
You do NOT want to flatten them, you just want to mash them to break down some of the fibers, to help tenderize the meat. 4-5 light strokes per chop will do.
2.Rub the chops first with olive oil and then with mustard. Make sure to cover both sides and the edge.
3. Combine the ingredients for the spice rub, then sprinkle evenly on all sides of the chops.
You don’t want to rub the spices into the chops (it’s too messy due to the oil and mustard), but just lightly rub all over the meat.
4.Place chops on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake chops at 400°F for 6 minutes per ½-inch thickness (this means if your chops are 1-inch thick, you’ll bake them for 12 minutes); Or until internal temperature reaches 140°F. Turn on the broiler and grill the chops for 1-2 minutes until nicely browned.
5.Remove the chops from the oven, let them rest for 5 minutes. Make sure the temperature has risen to at least 145°F before serving!
• Bake Time – I suggest a slightly shorter bake time, because with pork chops it’s better to check early than too late. Don’t grill them until they reach an internal temperature of 140°F, which may take a couple of minutes longer than the recipe calls for. My pork chops were just over 1 inch thick and baked in 14 minutes.
• Seasoning: Be sure to put the seasoning on both sides of the chops and around the edges as well. This is how you get the most flavor in every bite!
• Rest time: Don’t skip the rest time, it really helps keep the meat tender.
cooking pork chops cooking classes near me cooking class cooking professionally cooking channel cooking pork tenderloin cooking light cooking jobs near me cooking apron cooking acorn squash food network food delivery food near me open now food around me food sensitivity test food delivery services food allergy testing food delivery apps food and wine food desert food delivery services